Wednesday 25 March 2015

HOW OTHER PEOPLE CAN AFFECT YOUR STAMMER

HOW  OTHER PEOPLE CAN AFFECT YOUR STAMMER






Sorry I've not written in  a while (this is only my second post :(  )  but I am going to really build up this blog as this subject is really important to me and I really want to build up a network of support,an insight to what it's like having a stammer ,knowledge and also show have you can progress and grow from the darkest place.

In this post I would like to talk about how other people may affect your stammer and  your feelings towards it.

Sometimes it's not my insecurities that make me not want to speak but it's the energy and reactions of the people around me and this  also depends on who I'm speaking to.

I hate it when I'm struggling or stammering and the person I'm talking to is embarrassed, impatient or rude. It really makes me feel inadequate or frustrated.
I don't want people cringing for me when I actually feel comfortable speaking and publicly stammering.

Reactions from people can be daunting and may make you feel down
but don't let their ignorance, lack of understanding  and poor social skills affect your progress.

I used to get really upset when people where really rude towards me , I would dwell on it for ages until I realised that they were in the wrong.

I've been laughed at, at castings.smirked at,frowned at, been asked am I disabled but other peoples ignorance hasn't deterred me or stopped me from pursuing my dreams and it shouldn't stopped you from living your life and feeling comfortable and confident with  your stammer and  being in your own skin.

This isn't going to happen over night, it's taken me a while( A few years) to accept my speech but you grow from strength to strength when you  finally feel more comfortable and more open about stammering.

It's no longer a constant panic or a big cloud over your head I'm not saying that you won't feel a bit out of place sometimes BUT everyday struggles become lighter and breathless.

You have a stammer , identify that and embrace it and pay no attention to other people and their negativity.

I hope you can learn to except  your stammer like I have and have a much more positive outlook and  grow a thicker skin towards ignorance.

I hope this post has been helpful, I would love to hear some feedback and your stories so feel free to comment below.

Stay tuned for more.

love
Mekisha


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by KotrynaBassDesign